Self Help has the ability to show links to video content along with other Whatfix created content.
To include a video in Self Help
- Navigate to the Whatfix Dashboard.
- In the left panel, click Widgets.
- Click Self Help.
- Select the desired segment.
- Under create, select Video Link.
Enter the name of the video and the URL and then click Save. If the videos are from Youtube or Vimeo, the URL can be used directly. But if the videos are from Sharepoint, OneDrive or Google Drive, the URL click the respective link to see how the URL can be retrieved for use.
The URL that is entered in the Video Link is a little different depending on where your video is sourced from. Click one of the links below to continue.Sharepoint
SharePoint has two ways to upload videos. Using Microsoft Stream or using the local upload feature. SharePoint does not allow you to share videos that have been locally uploaded, outside SharePoint. Only those videos that are uploaded to Microsoft Stream can be inserted as video content on Whatfix.
To get the URL for the Microsoft Stream video on SharePoint,
1. Navigate to the Stream video and then click the Play in Stream icon.
2. Click the Embed tab and then copy and use only the highlighted part of the URL shown below.
Microsoft is migrating Office 365 videos to Microsoft Stream. For more information, see Migration to Microsoft Stream.OneDrive
To get the URL of a video that's on OneDrive
1. Navigate to the OneDrive video and select the video.
2. On the OneDrive menu bar, click the Embed tab.
3. Copy and use only the highlighted part of the URL as shown below.
Note: OneDrive videos open in the entire tab by default. Click the browser back button to go back to the page that you were on.Google Drive
To get the URL of a video that's on Google Drive,
1. Navigate to the video on Google Drive and open it.
2. On the top right, click the vertical ellipsis and then click Open in a new window.
3. On the new window, on the top right, click the vertical ellipsis and then click Embed item.
4. Copy and use only the highlighted part of the URL as shown below.
- Click Select and add the video you just created and then click Save.