A spotlight is used in a step to get the user to focus on an element while the rest of the screen is blacked out. When the spotlight is enabled, the user is restricted to click only the element that completes that step and cannot interact with other elements on the page.
To enable the spotlight feature,
- Click the Whatfix Editor plugin.
- Click Flow.
- Under the Choose from the existing tags section, search and add the tag spotlight.
- Finish creating the walkthrough.
- Enabling the spotlight does so for all the steps of the walkthrough.
- If the spotlight is for an area like a drop-down menu where the list of options needs to be seen, use advanced customization to ensure that the spotlight disappears once the user reaches the desired destination. See Generic code for Spotlight including a non-sticky spotlight for more information.