The first person to create an account in an enterprise automatically becomes the admin also called the Account Manager. Anyone invited to sign up by the Account Manager can be assigned specific roles by the Account Manager. You can visit the Users section in the side bar to view all the users registered in an account.
Below is a table showing the features and the permissions for each user role.
|Feature||Account Manager||Content Manager||Editor|
|Assign/Change a users role||✓||✗||✗|
|Delete a user||✓||✗||✗|
|Edit self created flows||✓||✓||✓|
|Edit others flows||✓||✓||✗|
|Delete self created flows||✓||✓||✓|
|Delete others flows||✓||✓||✗|
|Edit self created tags||✓||✓||✓|
|Edit others tags||✓||✓||✗|
|Delete self created tags||✓||✓||✓|
|Delete others tags||✓||✓||✗|
|Export Language files||✓||✓||✗|
|Access Integration Scripts||✓||✓||✗|
In a nutshell
- Account Manager has access to everything in the account including deleting users and assigning roles to a user.
- Content Manager has access to everything except deleting users and assigning roles to the user.
- Editor can only create flows, create tags and edit them.
How to add a new user
- Login to your Whatfix account as Account Manager and navigate to the Users tab.
- Click on the Invite Users button on the top right side of the page.
- Fill in the email address of the new user and select the role you would like to assign them from the adjacent dropdown menu.
- An email would be sent to the new user's provided email ID containing the sign up page link. Navigating to the sign up page, the new user can choose a password, sign up and explore the plethora of features Whatfix offers for their own.
How to change the role of an existing user user
- Login to your Whatfix account as Account Manager and navigate to Users tab.
- Click on the lock icon on the top right corner of the User block.
- Select a role you wish to assign to the user.