Content Grouping in Self Help
- 1 minute to read
To make it easy to manage the content you create, you can now organize it in groups. You can choose to create goal-based groups. For example, you can group walkthroughs by proficiency level. You can also create groups based on the relevance to the page a user is on.
It is possible to create groups in a two-level hierarchy.
You can group your content in Self-help and make it easier for your users to navigate to relevant content. This is done by a drag-and-drop content to add them to relevant groups
Creating a Group
- Navigate to the Whatfix Dashboard.
- In the left panel, click Widgets.
- Click the Self Help tile.
- Click New Segment.
- Select all the content units that need to be grouped by clicking the checkbox next to the content.
- Click New Group to group the selection.
- Enter a group name.
- This group name acts as a folder in the Self Help showcased to the end user.
- When you create a group and don't add any content to it, then the group is not displayed in the Self Help widgets.
- Click OK.
Dragging and Dropping Content
Once a folder is created, you can choose to drag and drop content in/out of the folder
Use the drag and drop feature to reorder content in
- The segment
- The group
Watch a GIF video on how grouping is displayed to your users