- 1 minute to read
A Guided popup can be used to provide:
- A tour of the product to the new users
- A tour of new features of a product to all users
Users can click the GUIDE ME button to be prompted through a walkthrough that describes the respective product.
By default, the popup appears every time the user logs in. But, it can also be configured to appear:
- Only the first time user logs in into the application
- For a certain segment of users
- Only when the user goes to a certain section of the application
One can also show an image or a video in the Onboarding popup by adding it to the Flow description.
To set up a Guided Pop-up, follow the procedure listed below:
- Navigate to the Whatfix Dashboard.
- Click Widgets.
- Click Guided Pop-Up.
- On the top right, click New Pop-up.
- In the New Pop-up window, type a name for the new Pop-up.
- Set the visibility rules for the Pop-up to appear. For more information about visibility rules, see Identifying Conditions for showing Flow tips.
- In the Add Content section, enter the Header and the content for the Pop-up.
8. Click Attach Flow.
9. Choose a walkthrough and then click Okay.
10. Click Save.
11. On the Smart Pop-ups main page, ensure the Pop-Up is in the Active state.