- 1 minute to read
A Guided popup can be used to provide:
- A tour of the product to the new users
- A tour of new features of a product to all users
Users can click the GUIDE ME button to be prompted through a walkthrough that describes the respective product.
By default, the popup appears every time the user logs in. But, it can also be configured to appear:
- Only the first time user logs in into the application
- For a certain segment of users
- Only when the user goes to a certain section of the application
One can also show an image or a video in the Onboarding popup by adding it to the Flow description.
To set up a Guided Pop-up, follow the procedure listed below:
Navigate to the Whatfix Dashboard.
Click Guided Pop-Up.
On the top right, click New Pop-up.
In the New Pop-up window, type a name for the new Pop-up.
Set the visibility rules for the Pop-up to appear. For more information about visibility rules, see Identifying Conditions for showing Flow tips.
Click the When tab to schedule the frequency and timing of the content. For more information see example uses cases in Scheduling Pop-Ups.
In the Add Content section, enter the Header and the content for the Pop-up.
Click Attach Flow.
Choose a walkthrough and then click Okay.
11. Click Save.
12. On the Smart Pop-ups main page, ensure the Pop-Up is in the Active state.