- 20 Nov 2023
- 2 Minutes To Read
Host content on Microsoft Azure
- Updated On 20 Nov 2023
- 2 Minutes To Read
Whatfix Flows can easily be exported and deployed into your own servers. This is useful when you are on an internal network and cannot access the content from the Whatfix cloud or in cases when your IT security doesn't allow resource loading from remote servers.
Use the followiing steps to set up Azure to access your website content:
- Open the Azure portal in your web browser.
- Create a storage account (if you don't already have one).
- Locate your storage account and display the account overview.
- Select Static website to display the configuration page for static websites.
- Select Enabled to enable static website hosting for the storage account.
- In the Index document name field, specify a default index page of index.html . The default index page is displayed when a user navigates to the root of your static website.
- Click Save. The Azure portal now displays your static website endpoint.
- Click the " $web" (link to Azure storage container for this account) in this page.
- Upload all the static files in this storage and make sure to provide public read access. You can now access your website content using the account endpoint.
Use the following steps to host Whatfix content on Azure:
On the Whatfix Dashboard, move the content and widgets that you want to export from the Draft to the Ready stage.
In Ready stage, click Push to Production.
Review the changes on the summary pop-up, and then click Push to Production.
Go to the Production stage, click Export Production Package.
In the Choose Export Preference pop-up, click Data+Script or Data Only, depending on your preference.
- Data Only: This option enables you to export only the Whatfix content and widgets. You can choose to export only the Data, when you've updated only one or two content units that do not impact the Whatfix Embed Script or Advanced Customization (AC) scripts.
- Data+Script: This option enables you to export Whatfix content and widgets along with the Whatfix Embed Script, Advanced Customization (AC) scripts, etc. You can choose to export both Data and Script, when there is a product release with new features that impact the Embed Script or you've made changes to the AC code in your account.
- Click Export.
To export the multi-format content, select the Include multi-format content checkbox.
If you do not see the Export Production Package option, contact [email protected].
- An email with a link to download the content is sent to your registered email ID. Download the zip file.
There are different ways to host your content on Azure. Click the link below to evaluate your options.
For detailed instructions, see Hosting your content on Microsoft Azure.
Go to your Azure instance and copy the Endpoint URL for your static website hosting.
Replace whatfix.com in your content with the Endpoint URL that you copied in the aforementioned step.
Refresh your application to see all the exported content.
Once you have hosted your content on Azure, Whatfix recommends using a CDN to serve your content to ensure content scalability and good performance.
For more information on setting up your Whatfix content on Azure CDN, see Integrate a static website with Azure.