- 22 Nov 2022
- 1 Minute To Read
How do I receive Flow failure notification Email?
- Updated On 22 Nov 2022
- 1 Minute To Read
Whatfix sends out a consolidated email every day, which contains a list of all the broken Flows in your account. All Content Creators (Editors, Content Managers, and Account Managers) can choose to receive these daily email notifications. Each email has a list of Flows that failed during the previous day, along with the following information:
- Name of the failed Flows linked to Flow Analytics
- Number of times each Flow failed
- Step number at which maximum failures happened
- Author of the Flow
- Reason for failure
- Possible fix
- URL where the end-user ran the Flow
- To receive these notifications, contact your Whatfix Representative or [email protected].
- A Flow failure is identified only when a user attempts to use a Flow and it breaks.
- If you have other broken Flows in your account, you will receive email notifications for their failure only when someone tries to open the Flows and they fail. To check for broken Flows before the end user experience is impacted, see Auto Testing.
The following table lists the different reasons for flow failure and the possible action for resolving it,
|Failure Reason||Possible Action|
|Display rules provided for the step failed to find the element||Verify the display rule, and update if required|
|CSS Selector provided for the step failed to find the element||Verify the CSS selector, and update if required|
|Step is not created on the currently opened page||Check the flow to see if previous steps are navigating to the desired page for the failed step|
|Seems like a Smart Detect Configuration Issue. Trustable HTML property defined under configuration could not be found.||Contact [email protected] to fine-tune the Smart Detect configuration.|
|Original element on which content was created seems to be missing during content play||Make sure the element is visible for the user or check the flow navigation to ensure it's accurate|
|Element could not be found because some of the original properties of the element captured while creating the content have changed||Reselect the element to fix the issue|