Installing the Whatfix editor
- 1 Minute To Read
The Whatfix editor is a browser plugin that enables you to create various types of Whatfix content namely Flows, Smart Tips, and Beacons. The Whatfix Editor can be installed on the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and new Microsoft Edge browsers.
- Open your preferred browser (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or new Microsoft Edge) and log in to your Whatfix account.
- On the Whatfix Dashboard, click the Install Editor button.
- Based on your browser, the installation steps may vary. Follow the on-screen steps to finish the installation.
In newer versions of the Chrome browser, you don't see the Editor plugin after installation, unless you pin the extension to the browser toolbar.
To pin the extension,
- Click the Extensions icon on the browser toolbar.
- Under Extensions, next to the Whatfix Editor, click the Pin extension icon to make it appear on the toolbar.