Integrating Live Chat in Self Help
- 1 Minute To Read
When your customer is not able to find help content for their issue, Whatfix Self Help can be configured to integrate with your existing Live Chat application. Once set up, this feature allows a user to chat with your agents.
The Live Chat, once enabled, is a button inside Self Help. The chat icon is automatically displayed when your user search does not return any results. The user can click the chat icon to get redirected to your Live Chat provider. Your Chat application is opened in a new tab.
To set up Live Chat on Whatfix:
- Navigate to the Whatfix Dashboard.
- In the left panel, click Widgets.
- Click Self Help.
- In the left pane, click Configuration.
- On the Support tab, select the checkbox next to Chat Support and then in the Link box below, enter the URL that your customers use to access your Live Chat.
- Modify the text to be displayed to the user in the Text box if required and then click Save.
Watch a gif video on enabling Live Chat as a support option.
- The text message is locale compatible.