Integrating your Knowledge Base with Whatfix
- 1 minute to read
Whatfix allows you to integrate your existing Knowledge Base (Example: Confluence, Zendesk, Freshdesk, etc) and display the articles that you have created in these Knowledge bases as contextual links in the Self Help Widget that appears on your application. Whatfix uses a proprietary crawler that can index all the pages of your knowledge base and make them available for search in your application.
For example, if you have your help content in confluence, and your application is Salesforce, then the confluence articles can be shown as links in the Self Help that appears in Salesforce. Your users can search for these articles using the Self Help search or specific links can be shown by default when your user navigates to Self Help on a Salesforce page.
- You need to be a Account Manager to perform the following task. To see more information about available roles, see Whatfix User Roles.
- Whatfix supports any HTML Knowledge Base. PDF content, or XML content is currently not supported.
- Whatfix can also crawl authenticated knowledge bases and those KBs that are accessed via SSO.
- By default, the crawler indexes all your pages once in a week. You can change this frequency and/or also limit the number of pages that are crawled in a day. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once the Knowledge Base has been enabled, you can define the Knowledge Base that Whatfix needs to index using the procedure below.
- Navigate to the Whatfix Dashboard.
- Click the Settings icon.
- Click Manage Knowledge Base.
- Click Add Knowledge Base.
- Enter the Name and URL of your Knowledge Base and then click Save.
- You can also associate Tags to a knowledge base. This adds tags to any content even when it is added later to the Knowledge Base.
- You can edit or delete these tags once they are added. You can also tag and segment the articles like you would any Whatfix created content.
- Depending on how big your Knowledge Base is, Whatfix takes about 48 hours to go through your content. Once all the articles are indexed, you can access them on the Whatfix Dashboard.