Setting up Whatfix Store Extension
- 1 minute to read
The Whatfix Store is a Chrome store-like repository for Chrome and Edge (Chromium) extensions to reduce the time to update content to a few minutes as opposed to a few days when using Chrome Store.
The Whatfix store extension when generated can be deployed and installed for both Chrome and Edge (Chromium) browsers.
Extensions are hosted and served from Whatfix servers and not from the Chrome Store which makes publishing content a significantly faster process.
- Navigate to the Whatfix Dashboard.
- On the top right, click the Settings icon.
- Click Manage Extensions.
- On the extension card for Chrome and Edge (Chromium) browser, click Generate to generate the Whatfix Store extension.
- The Whatfix Store extension generated is available for download within 2-5 mins, while the Chrome Store extension is available only after 24 hours.
- Whenever a Whatfix Store extension is generated or fails to generate, you will receive a notification email from Whatfix.
- Click the Download icon on the Whatfix store, to download the Whatfix Store PowerShell Script.
- Run the PowerShell script in domain joined machines to install the Whatfix Store extension.
- Individual users can install Whatfix Store extension by running the PowerShell script in Administrator mode.
- To deploy Whatfix Store extension for new employees or new browsers that are added to the system, the PowerShell script must be executed again in those new browsers.
To deploy and install Whatfix Store extension, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Once the Whatfix Store extension is installed, you can manage all your content updates using the extension card without having to run the PowerShell script again.
To update content to the Whatfix store,
1. Navigate to the Whatfix Dashboard.
2. On the top right, click the Settings icon.
3. Click Manage Extensions.
4. Click Update on the extension card to deploy updated content to your users.