- 05 Sep 2023
- 2 Minutes To Read
Translate content in the UI
- Updated On 05 Sep 2023
- 2 Minutes To Read
Whatfix enables you to translate Whatfix content in different languages without having to recreate each Flow in a different language from scratch. This enables you to communicate with your users in their native language.
For more information on supported languages, see Languages Supported by Whatfix.
Use the following steps to translate content:
If you’re a user with Translator access, start at step 4.
On the Whatfix dashboard, at the top right, click the Settings icon.
Click the language to which you want to translate the content.
In the left pane, click the type of content you want to translate.
Click the content you want to translate.
- You can only translate the Content and Widgets that are in the Draft and Ready stages.
- You can view the Stage at which the Content or Widget is in the Stage column.
- Out of Date implies that there is a more recent version of the default content that needs to be translated.
- Enter the Search Keywords of your choice.
- Adding Search Keywords can help end users find the information they are looking for, even if the words they use in their search query aren't exactly the words used in your content. This improves the visibility of your content when your end user searches for it.
- Search Keywords can be added only to Flows while translating content using the UI.
- Type the translated content in their respective fields.
You can auto-translate the content if your default content creation language and the language to be translated into are both supported by auto-translation.
Once done, click Save.
The translated content status is updated to Completed and moved to the end of the list. For more information see, Language file translation status.
Repeat the steps from 5 to 8 to translate all the content.
- Whatfix doesn’t validate the accuracy of the translated language. For example, a user can select German and enter the text in Russian.
- Only Account Managers can add additional languages.
- The language used to show Whatfix content to the end-user depends on the language selected in the application and browser. For more information see, Enable Whatfix to detect the language of your application
- You can use the Properties section in the left pane to translate Whatfix UI text so that the user sees both the content you created and the Whatfix UI in the translated language.