- 21 Jun 2022
- 1 Minute To Read
Translating content in the UI
- Updated On 21 Jun 2022
- 1 Minute To Read
Whatfix lets you translate Whatfix content in different languages without having to recreate each Flow in a different language from scratch. This helps you to communicate with your users in their native language. For more information on supported languages, see Languages Supported by Whatfix.
Use the following steps to translate content,
- Navigate to the Whatfix Dashboard.
- Click the Settings icon.
- Click Languages.
- Click the language to which you want to translate the content.
- Navigate to the left pane and click the type of content you want to translate.
- Click the content you want to translate.
- Enter the Search Keywords of your choice.
your title goes here
- You can help end users find the information they are looking for, even if the words they use in their search query aren't exactly the words used in your content. This improves the visibility of your content when your end-user searches for it.
- Search Keywords can be added only to Flows while translating content using the UI.
- When you translate one flow manually and copy the steps of the original flow to another flow, then the copied steps do not have any translations attached to them. In such cases, you must add the translations again for the copied steps in the second flow.
- Enter the translated text in the fields adjacent to respective steps.
- Once done, click Save at the top-right.
The translated content status is updated to Completed and moved to the end of the list. For more information see, Understanding Language file translation status.
- Repeat the steps from 5 to 9 to translate all the content.
- Whatfix doesn’t validate the accuracy of the translated language. For example, a user can select German and enter the text in Russian.
- Only Account Managers can add additional languages.
- The language used to show Whatfix content to the end user depends on the language selected in the application and browser. For more information see, Enable Whatfix to detect the language of your application.
- You can use the Properties section in the left pane to translate Whatfix UI text so that the user sees both the content you created and the Whatfix UI in the translated language.