Using keywords to help users find content
- 1 minute to read
You may want to help users find the information they are looking for, even if the words they use in their search query aren't exactly the words used in your content. You can associate synonyms by setting up Search Keywords for each content in Whatfix. You can expand the list of users' queries for which content is returned as a search result.
You can use the Unsuccessful Search terms in Self Help Analytics and configure your content so that your users can find the content they are looking for.
For example, you can set "knowledge base" and "document" as a Search Keywords for all the content related to "content repository." So, when a user searches for "knowledge base" or "document" in Self Help, the search results include content related to "content repository."
- Search Keyword works for Self Hosted accounts (Export Content) as well.
- Search Keywords cannot be added to Knowledge Base content. For example, SharePoint, Freshdesk, Zendesk, etc.
- Search Keywords can be added to Text, Link, Video, and Flows.
- You can add keywords upto 400 characters.
To set Search Keywords,
- Navigate to the Whatfix Dashboard.
- Hover the cursor over the content you want to add/edit the keywords for and then click the Edit icon.
- In the Search Keyword text field, enter the similar keywords for the content.
- Click Save.