Versioning of walkthroughs
- 1 minute to read
Versioning is needed if you wish to keep a copy of your walkthrough every time you update/modify them. Having multiple versions of the walkthrough will also help you in segmenting your Whatfix walkthrough for different versions of your application. You can achieve versioning using the Tags feature.
When you create a walkthrough add a tag to it with a version number of your choice. For example, version1.0
To create a new version of the same walkthrough, create a duplicate and add a new version tag.
- Open the walkthrough you want to create a new version of.
- Click the Copy icon at the top right corner.
- A copy of the walkthrough will be created.
- Edit the name if needed.
- Remove the old version tag (version1.0) using the Remove icon.
- Add the new version tag (version2.0) to this duplicate.
- Click Save at the top right corner.
You can filter your flows based on different versions using the Tags added.
- Navigate to the Whatfix dashboard.
- At the top, use the Tags search bar to search for different versions of the walkthrough.