Whatfix flows can be exported from the admin panel and deployed as a static resource inside Salesforce. This is ideal for companies that have security restriction on accessing Whatfix cloud.
Steps to deployment
Export your flows from the admin panel.
Navigate to Whatfix Dashboard.
Click the Settings icon.
Click Export Content.
If you do not see Export flows option, contact your CSM.
In the popup, click Export.
- You will receive a download link to your registered email idaddress. Download the zip
- Click the link to download the file.
Login into your salesforce and go to Static Resources
Click on New button under Static Resource and upload the zip file downloaded from the previous step.
- Log in to your Salesforce account.
- Click Setup icon at the top right.
- Click Setup.
- In the left pane, under Custom Code, click Static Resource.
- Click New.
- Enter the name for the static resource.
- Click Choose File and upload the downloaded zip file from step 6.
- Click Save.
- Once the file is uploaded into the Salesforce instance you need to update your chrome extension URL so that it can point to your local setup. As you can see in the snapshot below, the default chrome extension shared with your is pointing to the cloud version.
You have to change the URL to match your static resource location. It will usually be of the type mentioned below.
/resource/<name of your folder in salesforceinstance>/whatfix.com/embed/embed.nocache.js
Info Even though it is self-hosted, there is no way to add the script into the Salesforce Classic itself this is why all users of Salesforce must install customer browser extension provided by Whatfix.