- 31 Aug 2023
- 1 Minute To Read
Auto Translate Whatfix Content
- Updated On 31 Aug 2023
- 1 Minute To Read
Whatfix enables you to auto-translate Whatfix content in different languages and reduce the manual effort spent on translating content by a Translator or third-party tools or services.
- You can only auto-translate content using the Whatfix UI.
- Whatfix uses Microsoft Machine Translation Services to auto-translate content. To know whether a language supported by Whatfix supports auto-translation, check if the language is present in the Translation table in Translator Language Support.
- Whatfix auto-translates content based on the default language of your content.
Use the following steps to auto-translate content:
On the Whatfix dashboard, at the top right, click the Settings icon.
Click the language file you want to auto-translate.
Navigate to the content you want to auto-translate.
Click Translate all to translate the entire content.
In case you have already translated certain fields of your content and you want to translate selective fields of your content, select Choose fields to translate option using the dropdown, and then select the fields you want to translate.
After selecting the fields you want to translate, click Translate selected to auto-translate those fields.
- Once you have auto-translated the content, at the top-right, click Save.
- As Whatfix uses a machine translator, it is recommended that you review the translated content before pushing it live for your end users. You can validate the auto-translated content by checking the translated content which is shown next to the content that is in the default language.
- You can only auto-translate the content that is in the Draft and Ready stages.
- You can auto-translate only the text of the content. Images and videos cannot be auto-translated.