Past Release Notes
- 39 Minutes To Read
Last updated: 14 April, 2020
- Improved Content Versioning
- New List View on Dashboard
- An alternate to using CSS Selectors
- Flow Automation
- Data entry Automation
- Enter custom text inputs using URL parameters
- Capturing Successful Search Terms in Self Help
- Analytics disabled by default in Self Hosted Modes
- New custom date filter for reports
- Customize Whatfix's default text
- SharePoint integration
- Provide product feedback on the Dashboard
- Horizontal Auto Scroll supported
- Feature name changes
Versioning is now completely automated. Every time you click the save button, a version is created. You can now track all of the changes made to content in a detailed chronological order. Any version will have the following details
- What is the version number
- When the version was created
- Who made the updated
Any previous version can be restored. When you restore a previous version, a copy of the version is made and added as the latest version. You can also download a PDF version of any version by clicking the View or PDF link depending on the type of content. For more information see Content Versioning.
Get the most out of your Dashboard with the new List View. You can view more content and detailed information about the content on the Whatfix Dashboard. For more information, see Customizing Dashboard List View.
If you find using CSS Selectors difficult when configuring Branching and Display Rules, you can now use the Select Element option. It is as simple as selecting an element on your app. You don’t need to go through the code.
In the Branching/Display Rules section, choose the Select Element option from the dropdown, click the element in your app, and then finish configuring the rule as usual.
Automation helps you improve users productivity and minimize errors by automatically performing certain steps of a Flow. You can automate navigational clicks, selection of menu items, auto-fill form fields, etc.
You can automate one or more steps of a Flow. This works for both new as well as existing Flows.
To see how to enable and use this feature, see Flow Automation.
You can now auto populate text in a form using Smart Tips. The input text can be configured for Smart Tips that have already been created. For more information, see Data entry Automation.
You can auto input text in a form using an automated Flow by entering the variables in the URL of the Flow. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
In addition to unsuccessful search terms, there's a new tab in Self Help analytics that displays a list of successful search terms. Find out what's working! And try to include more of those terms in your content. Successful Search terms actually tell you how much you are saving because every successful search is one less support call. For more information, see Self Help Analytics.
To enable analytics on the export model, see Enable Whatfix Analytics for Export Mode.
You can now quickly select the Analytics data for last 30 days/90 days or define a custom time frame using a drop-down menu on the Analytics Dashboard. This should also show drastic changes to the performance of the dashboard load.
With Custom Labels, you can change the name of any label in the Whatfix UI so that it fits your organization's style and branding guidelines.
For example, you can change the default Self Help search field text that says Enter your search criteria here to something that is more suitable for your users. To see the full list of labels and know how to customize the text, see Renaming Custom Labels.
Bring your SharePoint content and show it along with other Whatfix content inside your application. Your users can search for articles in your knowledge base using Self Help.
To enable the SharePoint integration, write to us at email@example.com.
Now you can use the feedback feature on bottom left of the dashboard to provide product feedback directly to the product team in Whatfix. To know more, see Give product feedback.
Whatfix has always supported vertical auto scrolling in Flows. Now if the user needs to scroll horizontally to get to the next point of action, Whatfix automatically scrolls horizontally as well to the next actionable point.
No additional configuration is required to enable this ability.
We’re changing the name of several feature in Whatfix to better fit with their current and future capabilities. Since their initial release, the features have evolved into something a little deeper and we want the names to reflect that. You can find all the changes in the table below.
The new terminologies will soon reflect in the Product as well. For further clarification, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Intelligent Segmentation||Smart Context||The ability to reduce effort during content creation and recognize user context automatically before displaying content|
|Deep Element Detection||Precise Element Selection||Ability to identify and select the correct element to minimize broken flow experiences|
|Auto Skip||Fast Forward||Ability to understand where the user is when they are asking for information and show content from the exact location without starting from the beginning|
|Auto Execution||Flow Automation||Ability to improve productivity and minimize errors by automating steps in a Flow|
|Crawler||Content Aggregation||Ability to bring content from knowledge bases into your application|
|Channels||Outside App Destinations||Support for LMS, Knowledge bases, integrations with chat, bots|
|Multiformats||Auto Update||Ability to create and auto update multiple outputs with a single update|
|Omnichannel||Adoption Everywhere||Ability to support content both in app and outside app|
Last updated: 24th February 2020
- Improved representation of Flow Exits
- Text content character limit customizable
- Tag names are more readable
- Improved end user identification
- Create content on the All content tab
- Deploying Extension on individual browsers
- Summary Reports API
- User Specific API Token
- Omniture and Matomo supported in Custom Analytics
- UX Improvements to Whatfix Videos
- Whatfix Support Documentation Feedback
Whatfix analytics has been improved to show additional information on flow exits. See, Understanding Flow exits for more info.
Text content was limited to 600 characters. Now this limit can be increased to something that suits the needs of your organization. Once changed, the change applies to all your text content.
Contact email@example.com to change the character limit.
Tag names accept upper case characters and spaces thus making them more readable. There's no longer an error that appears when you use a space or an upper case character in a tag name.
The Whatfix algorithm has been updated to improve the ability to identify end user activity more accurately.
You no longer need to go to the My Content tab to create new content. The Create content button is now available on the All Content tab.
The only exception is an account manager who has not installed the editor extension. Instead of seeing the Create content button, they see the Install editor button.
For organizations that cannot mass deploy extensions, Whatfix enables you to create a URL that users can navigate to and download the Whatfix extension. You can customize the landing page to suit your corporate branding. This method of deployment is supported for Chrome and Firefox browsers.
The installation process can be configured to launch the configured application once the extension is deployed on the browser. See Deploying extension to individual user.
Added 20 new Report APIs to track usage and engagement related data for your Whatfix content. You can also, download the reports in .csv format by passing the API call in a web browser. See, Reports API.
Previously, developers used Enterprise specific API token for authorization. Now, it's been moved to User specific API Token so that each user can generate and renew their API token without affecting other users.
If you use analytics from Omniture or Matomo (formerly Piwik), then you can now integrate these tools to analyze how your Whatfix content is performing. This is done using Whatfix API. For more information, see Integrating with Omniture Analytics and Integrating with Matomo.
Add audio to Whatfix Videos
Add audio narration to your Whatfix videos automatically and create video demos or tutorials of your application in an instant. See, Add audio to Whatfix videos.
Upload videos in multiple languages
Earlier, multiple language video was supported only if you download videos. Now, you can upload Flow videos in multiple languages to your online video channel.
Channel configuration experience improved
Video channel configuration is now simpler than ever before.
Track video uploading status in real time
You can now track the progress of video uploading to your video platform in real-time from the Whatfix Dashboard. See, Uploading Whatfix videos to online video platform.
Weren't able to find help content for something you were searching for? Need more information about a particular task or action? Got a suggestion about help content?
Now you can easily give us feedback (verbatim) on any article in support.whatfix.com.
At the end of any article, click either the thumbs up or thumbs down icon under the Was this article helpful? section and enter your feedback.
Last updated: November 22nd, 2019
Knowledge base Integration feature is now available for all customers. Using this, you can bring content from standalone Knowledge Base like Confluence, Freshdesk, Zendesk, etc and show it along with other Whatfix content inside your application. Allow your users to search for articles in your Knowledge Base using Self Help. To know how, see Integrating your Knowledge Base with Whatfix.
As part of the Whatfix Open Ecosystem, our Developer APIs version V1 is now available. This allows you to easily exchange information between Whatfix and your web application or any 3rd party application that you are using. For example, you can now show different task lists to different users easily without using Advance customization. Another example is that you can segment your users by running them through a questionnaire and based on how they answer the questions, understand how much they already know and then show them content that will bridge a knowledge gap.
For more information, visit Whatfix API Reference.
Last updated: October 4, 2019
- Back button in Flow tips
- Share Flows as PDF files
- Generate and Update Extension using the new One-Click Extensions
- New ways to catch your user's attention using a Beacon
- Language translation enabled in the UI
- Find Content easily on the Dashboard
- Easier Integration with Knowledge Bases
- Multi-language export for Omni-channel content (PDFs, Slideshows, Videos and Articles)
- Deleting and moving steps is easier
- Copy Flow and Tag ID using a button.
- Branching Supported for iframes and Shadow DOMs
- Ability to embed surveys
- Bulk download content as PDFs, videos or links
- Editor user role can access Preview mode
- Safari 12 Extension support
- New customizations when creating Beacons
- Improved Search Self Help
While navigating a Flow, there may be occasions where an end user may want to go back to a previous step and edit a value or view the step again. Users can click the back button to navigate back to the previous step.
This ability is configurable and you can choose to display the back button only to certain steps. For more information, see Back button for Flow help tips.
You can now share up to 10 Flows as PDFs via email directly from Whatfix Dashboard. You no longer need to download and attach PDFs before being able to email them. For more information, see Sharing Flows as PDF
You no longer need to depend on Whatfix to update your Extensions every time there's a change in your Whatfix content. You can generate and update your extensions all by yourself on most browsers. There are some differences when it comes to each browser. See Manage Extensions on the Whatfix dashboard for detailed information about how to enable and generate extensions for different browsers.
Existing users of the IE or Edge extension no longer see the PUSH TO PRODUCTION option.
Edge extension users need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org to generate the extension for the first time. Once generated, you can manage updates all on your own.
The beacon can be animated using 4 different styles. To know how to use the new styles, see Customizing the Beacon.
Language translation can be done in the UI on the Whatfix dashboard. All Whatfix created content including the Whatfix UI can be translated into any supported language. For more information see Translating content in UI
The properties file can also be used for those who are comfortable with the earlier process.
You can search and find content using a combination of search term and multiple filters. A new content type filter allows you to filter by specific content type. For example, you can filter your search for only smart tip content.
The search and filter feature is available on the Whatfix Dashboard. For more information see How can I find the content in Whatfix Dashboard?
- Only the title is looked at for Quick search results that are auto-populated.
- Flows are always displayed before other content.
- Tags that use the search keyword are displayed at the end of the search results along with the number of content units that are using that tag.
- When a filter is applied, quick results for Tags or Users are not displayed.
It's now possible to tag all the content from a knowledge base easily at a single place. You can add the tag once to the knowledge base and not have to select all the content in the Knowledge base and tag it like you had to earlier. Once added, you can edit these tags as well.
Eg; The ability to add a tag at the knowledge base level is useful when you are adding your knowledge base content to show up in Self Help. Whatfix uses tags to identify content that needs to be displayed in Self Help.
Even when you have created new content in your knowledge base, this feature ensures that the new content is also auto tagged when it is picked up by the aggregator and thus makes it available for search in Self Help.
If you are using role tags in your content, then one of the requirements for content to display in Self Help is that all such content has at least one role tag. This feature enables you to add a tag to all your articles by doing it once.
To know more, see Integrating your Knowledge Base with Whatfix.
Multi-format outputs can all now support translated content. When attempting to generate each kind of output (PDF, Slideshow, Article), there's an option to choose the language that you want your output in.
- Multi-language outputs work only if you have already translated the respective Flow.
- The language selector drop-down appears only if you have at least two different languages in your languages page.
- Multiple languages are currently not supported in videos that are uploaded directly to Youtube, Vimeo, Wistia.
You can now delete or move a step with fewer clicks, when editing a Flow.
Every time you navigate to a Flow or a tag, you can now use the Copy ID or Copy Tag button to copy the ID value.
You require the Flow ID when linking multiple Flows to each other or when linking a FLow in a Smart tip.
You require a tag ID (or a page ID) when performing certain tasks in advanced customization. For more information on copying the Tag ID, see How to find the TAG ID of a TAG?
Whatfix has improved support for branching of Flows in applications that use iframes and/or Shadow DOM pages. Even if an element is nested in multiple layers of iframes or Shadow DOMs, our algorithms can track such elements with ease. For more information, see Adding a branch to a Flow.
You can embed forms in a Pop-up to conduct a survey or collect feedback from your users. For detailed instructions on how to embed forms from SurveyMonkey, Google forms or Qualtrics, see Pop-up with survey embedded
Whatfix enables you to bulk download your Flows as videos, PDFs, and links. You can download these even if they to hosting sites like or Vimeo. For more information, see Downloading videos.
Whatfix now supports the Safari 12 browser. Contact email@example.com to generate an extension that is safari 12 compatible.
Additional customizations to change the Beacon tip color, text font, size, and style are now available. For more information on how to use the new customizations, see Customizing the Beacon.
- For existing beacons, from the color of the Flow steps in your content. Once you the Beacon attributes, your Beacon tips can look different from the remaining content.
- For new users who are creating content for the first time, if the default values used when creating a Beacon are as follows.
|Hover Text size||16px|
|Hover Text color||#ffffff|
When you search for content using Self Help Search, the search engine looks not only at the title but also in Search also considers variations of a word when looking for a match. This change ensures that there is a wider and more relevant list of search results for any query. For more information, see the Understanding Search Self Help.
Last updated: 12th June 2019
- Task List - User Role segmentation
- xAPI Standard support
- Additional Content Download Formats
- Walkthrough Visibility
- Linking Smart Tips and Pop-Ups to a Walkthrough
- Adding Sharepoint, OneDrive or Google Drive Videos to Whatfix Content
- Knowledge Base Integration (Beta)
- Windows Media Player support
- Smart Tip and Beacon Auto Segments
Whatfix content displayed in the Tasklist can now be segmented by user role. For more information about role tags see Creating Role or Page based Tags.
Whatfix now supports the export of content in xAPI format. xAPI is described as the next evolution of SCORM and is a fast-growing standard for delivering online learning. The difference between SCORM and xAPI content is the type of learning each can track. SCORM is limited to recording online learning. xAPI can track almost any activity. Thus, xAPI delivers a far more detailed view of learner progress, within and beyond traditional learning environments, both online and offline.
For more information on how to export, see xAPI Package Export.
You can bulk download Whatfix Flows as videos, PDF, or as support links.
For more information see Downloading Whatfix videos.
A new criterion called URL is available when configuring visibility rules. The URL rule can take any part of the entire URL as a value to determine step visibility.
For more information on how each visibility rule works, see Identifying conditions for showing tooltips
Launch Full Edit is now Launch Live Edit
When editing a walkthrough, Launch Full Edit has been renamed to Launch live edit. This change makes the button more intuitive to the action being performed when clicked.
You can now insert links to Walkthroughs when creating Smart Tips, Pop-Ups or any tool tip in a walkthrough. You can link to walkthroughs using any UI that provides the rich editor. You can use this function when you need to provide some contextual text before the user performs the task. Inserting a walkthrough is similar to inserting a link in the text content. Instead of a URL, use wfx-flowID where flowID can be retrieved from the URL of the desired Walkthrough on the Whatfix Dashboard.
For more information see Linking two walkthroughs.
We have included new content on how to add videos that are stored in Sharepoint, OneDrive or Google Drive to Whatfix content.
For more information, see Adding a video to Self Help.
You can now configure Knowledge Base Integration on the Whatfix Dashboard. Knowledge Base integration ensures that Whatfix can present context-aware help from your knowledge base content and display these as links in Self Help. This saves your user a lot of time in not needing to go through different sources looking for answers.
- While we can display content from any HTML Knowledge Base, we have good integrations with Confluence, Zendesk, and Freshdesk.
- Contact your CSM to enable Knowledge Base setup.
- Whatfix also enables you to map labels that you use on your Knowledge Base to tags that are used on Whatfix for contextualized content.
Once this feature is enabled by your CSM, you can configure your Knowlege Base by adding a URL. For more information see Integrating your Knowledge Base with Whatfix.
When the integration is complete, all the articles from your Knowledge Base are listed in a Knowledge Base tab on your Whatfix Dashboard.
You can configure segments and add tags to this content just like you can with other Whatfix content.
We have also introduced the ability to integrate with Knowlege Bases that are behind authentication. Contact your CSM for more information.
Downloaded Whatfix videos can now be viewed on the default Windows Media Player.
When creating Smart Tips or Beacons, the URL path of the page on which the Smart Tip or Beacon is created will be used as a visibility rule for the Smart Tip or Beacon segment in the dashboard by default. If your account has intelligent segmentation activated, then the page tags created will be used in visibility rules rather than the URL path.
Last updated: 25th March 2019
- Tool Tip configurations
- Ability to Reposition the Self Help Widget
- Authentication for exported content
All the tool tip configurations are now listed under two headers. We also have additional configurations available for tool tips.
Additional Tip Configurations:
Tool tip configurations can be made under the following headers
- TIP Configuration:
- Ability to configure and highlight the next button to show text or only an icon (or both) when the user hovers over the Next button.
- Existing functions like selecting tip color, font, size continue to be available like before.
- Other Configuration:
- Ability to show or hide the step number and walkthrough name for all your tips. You can also configure the font size, style, and color for the flow name text.
- Configure rounded corners for your tips.
For more information, see Configuring Themes & Tool tips.
Salesforce Integration: Whatfix enables Salesforce users to configure segments using standard Salesforce user properties. This allows you to show relevant content to your users easily.
Whatfix makes this possible by providing a Salesforce unmanaged package that needs to be installed.
Only a salesforce admin user can install this package. You need to be an account manager to manage app integrations.
Contact your respective CSM to configure this integration. Also, see Use Salesforce Objects for Whatfix Content Segmentation.
Once configured, users can choose these properties displayed under visibility rules while creating a segment.
Note: This feature is applicable only for Salesforce Lightning.
Whatfix allows your users to drag and reposition the Self Help tab to a more convenient location along the four sides of the screen. See Repositioning Self Help for more information.
Whenever users export content or video, they receive a link in their email to access the content. If not already logged in, Whatfix now prompts users for authentication before such content can be viewed.
Last updated: 29th November 2018
- Enterprise Extension
- Self Help and Knowledge Base Integration (Beta)
- Standard Whatfix Video UI
- TaskList Analytics - Measure User Progress and Training Effectiveness
- Editor’s Labels Update
- Progressive Task Completion in Tasklist
- Custom Extension on UI
- Editor UX Improvement - Insert step before or after the current step
- Editor UX Improvement - Step completion on enter & tab keypress
- UX Improvement - More configuration options on window variable It is now possible to create more flexible segments for better targeting of users. In the window variable option in the Editor and Dashboard you will see four more options to perform comparison options easily:
To support customers who use Whatfix on more than one application, we now have an enterprise extension that helps you deploy Whatfix across all the applications.
- Each application’s data is independent of one another.
- To get this enabled, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whatfix can now pull your knowledge base articles to show to users in their Self-help, thereby saving them time in going through different sources looking for answers.
- We can pull data from all the HTML pages but have good integrations with Confluence, Zendesk, and Freshdesk.
- Please contact email@example.com to set this up.
We have improved the experience of the Whatfix auto-generated videos:
- A standardized format for multi-format content is now applied to downloaded videos. Users now see uniformity in the format of PDFs, slideshows and videos.
- Rich text editor features are now supported for videos as well.
Analytics for tasklist is now even more powerful. You can view learners’ progress and measure the effectiveness of your training by seeing a snapshot of how many users have completed the entire tasklist training vs. how many users are still undergoing training.
With this release, we have simplified the labels used in the Whatfix editor. Example: "PUBLISH NOW' changed to 'SAVE', “Purpose of Flow” changed to “Name your flow”, etc.
When running an onboarding or training program, it is best if it's possible to mandate the completion of tasks in a sequential manner. In the Tasklist, you can add tasks in a logical and goal-centered manner to make sure users get the most out of the content you create.
To configure this option,
- Go to Tasklist configuration page and check the setting “Need Sequential Tasks”.
This setting can be only be enabled if “Need Task Progress” is enabled. Once this is enabled, users cannot skip a task from the Tasklist and will need to complete the tasks sequentially.
- Sequencing of tasks is currently not applicable to the tasks within a group. A single group will be considered as one task and once all the tasks in the group are complete, the user will be able to move to the next task.
We've made it easier to generate multiple extensions for your user-base. If you are an account manager, you can yourself generate extensions across different browsers, from within the dashboard. Once this is enabled, you will see the "Manage Extensions" under the Settings option. in the cog wheel menu as shown below:
- To enable this option, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This option will lead you to the page where you can self-manage the extensions
The following options can be configured for the extension :
Browsers, for which extension is needed
- Extension Name and browser cannot be empty.
- Extension name should be at least 3 characters long
- The last generated versions information is displayed for only the successfully generated extensions.
Editing your Flows is easier now as you can insert a new step in between when you are moving through a Flow. Use the "launch full edit" option to get more control when editing Flows.
In '"launch full edit", (instead of +step), you will see “Insert” option that will allow you to select before/after which step you need to add more steps. The hover-over menu shows the options named as:
You can use these options to insert a new step before or after the current step.
- This feature will work only in the Launch Full Edit mode
- This feature is applicable only to Flows (no other content type)
- Keyboard shortcuts are applicable:
- Insert Step Before: ctrl + shift + z
- Insert Step After: ctrl + shift + x
While creating Flows, you can now choose between 'enter' or 'tab key' to be used for considering a step as 'complete'.
These can be used when creating Flows on form fields.
In the step completion options on the Whatfix editor, you will see a new option “Others”.
On selecting others, you can view “enter” or “tab” options.
- Enter or tab cannot be combined with other options.
It is now possible to create more flexible segments for better targeting of users. In the window variable option in the Editor and Dashboard you will see four more options to perform comparison options easily:
Date Greater than
Date Less than
For example, you want to show self-help widget only to users of the application which are on a higher version number, say 4. To achieve this, in the self-help segment, simply set the window variable to be version number variable greater than “3”.
Greater and less than will accept numerical values only
For date greater than/less than the default format is “MM/dd/YYYY”. The format can be changed to match your system date format. Please contact email@example.com to make changes.
Last updated: 18th September 2018
- Grouping of Content in Self-Help and Task List
- Scheduling of Pop-Ups and Beacons
- Facelift for Whatfix PDF format
- Create Video Content with Only the URL
- Consolidated Analytics View of the Beacon and Pop-up
- Add Multi-format Content in Tasklist
- Directly Download Flows as Videos
- Easy rules creation in Branching for drop-downs and radio-buttons
- Export Analytics Summary in PDF
- Rich-Text Editor
- Re-order Content using Drag and Drop
- Beacon Updates - Refresh, Count, Analytics
- Multi-format Export Control
- Analytics Dashboard - CSV Report Download
- Data Validation API
- Step Completion for drop-downs and radio-buttons
- Branching to an "End Message"
- Task List Animation
To make it easy to manage the content you create, you can now organize it in groups. You can choose to create goal-based groups (for example, you can group certain flows that a user might need for a desired ‘beginner proficiency level). You can also create groups based on the relevance to the page a user is on. It is possible to create groups in a two-level hierarchy.
You can now group your content in Self-help and Task List and make it easier for your users to find relevant content.
You can simply drag-and-drop content to add them to relevant groups
You can use the 'Create Group' option under the 'Create' option to use this feature
In Task List the grouping of content can be used to create bite-sized learning plans. Combining this with the recently added capability of multiple content types in the tasklist, you can now create comprehensive and well-organized training plans and track progress easily.
- Content can be dragged in and out of groups easily
- For your users, groups will be shown as below:
You can create up to 20 groups in each segment
Nested grouping (ability to add a group within a group) is currently not supported.
Your users can view tasks remaining in the group beside the group name (For tasklist only).
This will be applicable only if "Need Progress" is enabled.
To help you plan better announcements and alerts, we now have a scheduler for Smart pop-ups, Guided pop-ups, and Beacons. You can schedule alerts for a specified time in the future to time in coordination with an upcoming maintenance shut-down or new feature release. If needed, it is also possible to set alerts with a recurring setting.
Apart from the already existing option to set alerts based on ‘where’ in the visibility rules conditions, you can now use the following ‘when’ options present in the scheduler:
Time, date, recurrence and time-zone for scheduling
We have redesigned the PDF format to reflect our slideshows. Now, you can download the PDF which explains the contextual Flow and prints it out as handouts for quick reference.
Now you can create video content by directly using the video URL. There is no need to embed links anymore.
You can still use embed-link to create video
To add video content from any other provider apart from Vimeo, Wistia, Youtube and DailyMotion, you will still need to use embed link.
You can now get a consolidated analytics view of the Beacon and Pop-up segments to understand their usage and effectiveness at a glance. This will include a list of all the pop-ups/beacons created, its live date, number of times they were displayed and number of interactions on them.
This gives you the direct links to the attached content to the beacon or the pop-ups. In addition to that, if a Whatfix walkthrough attached (a.k.a Flows) then you will also be able to get a drill down on its analytics.
Drill down is not available for content types like Link and Videos (applicable only to Beacons)
You can now also view the date the segment was activated in this widget.
You can also view the usage of static-content (links, videos, and text) for task list and self-help. This now makes it possible to understand the complete usage of these widgets, not just for flows, but any other content you make available to users in the task list and self-help.
From an analytics standpoint, the videos/URL tasks in Task list are considered complete if the end-user clicks on them.
The flow analytics has been augmented with the data for the number of times a flow is played by URL, slideshow, blog & end message. This provides a comprehensive view into your users’ engagement with the flows.
Now multiple content types are supported in the Tasklist. Different content types: Links, Videos & Text can be created and enabled within a Tasklist segment (same as Self-help).
- When the user clicks on the Link, Video or the text content, the task will be marked as complete.
- There is no change in the behavior of completion of flows in Tasklist.
- Tasklist Segments created using “ALL” or “TAGS” will now display all the content and content marked with the TAGS respectively.
Auto-generated videos of Flows can now be downloaded without needing to upload them on public hosting sites such as Youtube, Vimeo, etc.
- The files will be generated in .mp4 format
- The download link will be shared to the registered email id.
- The download link will be valid for 24 hours
- Only Flows can be downloaded as videos
- Limited compatibility with Windows Media Player.
When creating rules in branching, upon selection of “SelectedElementText’, there will be two options: dropdown or radio-button. Select the relevant option to create branching rules easily.
This will work for generic drop-downs & radio-buttons where input type is ‘select’ or ‘radio’.
The text for the dropdown or radio-button is not be saved. The options are listed only when the step is getting created.
Analytics summary can be easily exported in a pdf format and save it on your computer. This report presents the summarised information on the usage of all the widgets in your account
Easy content formatting options in the UI without the use of markdown.
How to invoke these formatting options?
- After making the text selection
- On entering a new line the "+" icon is displayed. This is used as a 'quick insert' option for videos and images:
Same options will be available on Whatfix extension as well while creating flows or smart tips
Changes w.r.t to locale file
Going forward, we will be adding HTML tags to the locale file instead of the markdown syntax.
- Existing : * Hello World* Hello Welcome to whatfix %%%https:// geology.com/world/india-map.gif%%%\n%%%https://www.youtube.com/embed/mwoWyPFQlpM%%% [click here](https:// whatfix.com )
- New : <em>Hello World</em> Hello \n<strong>Welcome to whatfix</strong> \n<img src="https:// geology.com/world/india-map.gif " style="height: 150px !important;" data-image="wfx-old-image">\n<br>\n<span><iframe src="https:// www.youtube.com/embed/mwoWyPFQlpM"></iframe></span > \n<a href="https:// whatfix.com " target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer">click here</a>
You can now reorder content in the segment using drag and drop action. This feature is supported in the segment configuration page.
- The previous way of reordering has been removed
- No IE9 support for drag and drop.
Just as with links & videos, dashboard users can now create plain text content to answer queries which don't require walkthroughs.
"My Content" page will now have a "Create" button at the top right. This allows the dashboard user to create links, videos and text contents on the dashboard itself.
Whatfix users can view text content on Self-help like other content.
- Segment Refresh
Dashboard user can now "refresh" a beacon segment, using the refresh icon in the beacon segment:
Refreshing a beacon makes the beacon reappear for all users.
- Show count
Beacon segment visibility rules now include a count of the number of times the beacon is to be shown to the end user:
If the collection has more than one beacon, each beacon will be shown the selected number of times.
- The analytics summary for beacon shows the number of users the beacon has been shown to
The dashboard user is now presented with an option to include/exclude multi-format content while exporting flows.
By unchecking the multi-format option, the export package will NOT contain the following:
- Slide Show Deck (images will not be present)
- This option is selected by default (and CANNOT be deselected) when the launch mode for self-help is configured as "Slideshow".
Task List data/reports can now be exported in the form of a CSV.
- The analytics dashboard has an "Export" option for the task list tab:
On clicking on "export", the user would be sent an email on a registered email address with a link to download the export package.
The export package is a ".ZIP" file containing the CSV data file.
Custom validation requirements can now be handled via the Validation API.
Signature of the API is :
function onValidate ( event )
API validation within the scope of an iFrame is NOT supported
- Locale/language based error message over-rides are required to be handled in code.
- The editor has a new option for step completion on drop-downs and radio-buttons:
Branch configurations now include the ability to pick the "End Message" for the branch target.
The step selection UI shows the end message of the target flow:
Launch display for Task Lists has been animated. No controls are enabled over this animation style at present.
Last updated: 17th May 2018
- Validate Data Input in Form Fields
- Improved UI/UX for Slideshow/Deck
- Domain Filters for Analytics Dashboard
- Introducing Single Sign On (SSO)
- UX Improvements
Whatfix will now be able to validate the inputs provided on the form fields in your application. This functionality can be configured via Advanced Options in Smart Tips.
- In smart tips, there are two options: Help Tip and Only Validation.
- Help tip: Using this, you can provide a help tip and if required, use the advanced options to provide validation.
- Only Validation: This option performs only validation without providing any help tip.
An error message is mandatory if validation rules are configured.
We provide standard error messages for each rule. These can be edited.
Currently, we support the following rules for validation:
Character length (minimum and maximum)
Email address (standard notation)
Web address (standard notation. Eg: https://www.whatfix.com )
Date format (formats specified)
This is how the error messages will appear for your users:
- Values are validated when the user enters the input and moves out of the field.
- Error engagers (red) are shown on the element when validation fails.
- When the user hovers over the field or brings the focus back on the field, the error tip will appear.
- Here is an example of how the error tip appears.
- Once the user enters the values in the correct format, the error engager is no longer shown.
- Multiple rules can be selected using the AND/OR operators
The slide show UI/UX has been made consistent with the Whatfix theme.
End slide text format in the slideshow will take configuration from End Message configurations in the dashboard.
Analytics dashboard now includes a "domain" filter in the filter bar,
The domain filter popup offers the user "include" and "exclude" filters
When filters are applied, the filter bar indicates the same
- "Include" filters function like an "OR" operand
- "Exclude" filters function like an "AND" operand
- "CLEAR FILTERS" option will clear ALL specified filters
Whatfix now allows for Single Sign-On based authentication with an identity provider of choice. Implementation of Single Sign-On is based on SAML 2.0. With Single Sign-On, users don’t have to sign in to
Whatfix again after first signing into the target application. Single Sign-On logs users automatically into Whatfix if they have been authenticated by the target application.
- Single Sign-On is not enabled by default. Customers will have to contact their respective Customer Success Manager to enable the feature informing them of the identity provider they want to use it with.
- We have added Flow Branching on UI to simplify the user experience. With this release, editors can easily configure different branches of a Flow on the Editor while creation and on the Dashboard while editing.
- EDITOR: When creating steps for a flow, "Advanced Options" is shown in the UI
Last updated: 15th March 2018
- Additional Operators Support for Segmentation
- Automatic Beacon Segmentation
- Improved Flow Edit Experience
- Beacon Widget Support on UI
- Languages Translation Improvements
- Release Communication
- Password Policy Enhanced
- Support for Chat/Email/Ticketing Integration in Self-Help
- Admin Console Improvements
Visibility rule conditions now support both AND and OR operations
Segment content by Tags also supports the AND/OR operations
- Whenever AND/OR is used in combination AND would act as a delimiter. You can refer to support article for more details.
When a NEW beacon collection is published, a segment is created automatically.
- Segment name is the beacon collection name.
* The beacon collection that is attached is the newly published one.
- Subsequent changes to the beacon collection will NOT update the corresponding segment
When the Launch Full Edit button is clicked, the Flow launches in the application and the editor window is open in a minimized version. This helps in easily navigating to the desired step of the flow for editing.
- The Whatfix Editor now presents the user with an option to create a "Beacon Collection"
- You can now attach multiple content types like videos, links and Flows to a Beacon.
- Once the user clicks the beacon, it stops displaying to the user. To show the beacon again, create a new segment.
- Account Managers can add required locales themselves
- Whenever the content gets updated the locale files would be marked dirty and status would reflect that.
- The status column of the language table indicates if the file is in sync with the content. For locales that are not in sync, an appropriate message is displayed.
The delta of content that is out of sync can be seen and downloaded by clicking on the "Out of Date" status
With every new release, you would get a shout out on bell icon on the dashboard. Clicking the bell icon takes you to the detailed release notes page.
Now Whatfix account password policy can be provisioned as per your enterprise security policy. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to update your organization's password policy.
Widget configuration now includes a "Support" tab
- Support touch points that can be configured are:
- Admin menu options (Integration + Settings) has been renamed to "Configuration"
- Theme (tip and end popup) and Integration Script have been combined in this UI