- 15 Sep 2022
- 1 Minute To Read
Task List Configuration
- Updated On 15 Sep 2022
- 1 Minute To Read
The Task List can be configured for the following functions:
- Ability to determine a sequence for the tasks in a Task List: When this feature is enabled, users are forced to attempt tasks in the order they are listed. They can progress to the next task only after the previous task is complete.
- Ability to track task progress: When enabled, this feature shows the completed status of a task. So, if a user has completed two tasks, the completed status bar displays the progress so that users can easily understand how much more content is still remaining.
- Ability to open a task on the same page, a new page, or as a Pop-up.
- Ability to change the font, color, and formatting options.
Use the following steps to configure the Task List,
- Navigate to the Whatfix Dashboard and then click Widgets.
- Click the Task List tile.
In the left panel, click Configuration.
Make the necessary changes on this page using the following information.
The following are the configurations that you can change:
- Change the color of the icon and the header using the Icon Color and the Header Color options respectively.
- Change the position of the widget from the bottom left to the bottom right
- Display Task Progress
- Enforce sequential completion of tasks.
- Change the text of the header on the Task list
- Determine where each Task List item is opened - in the same window, a new window, or a Pop-up
- If you don't select the Task Progress, the user will always see the Task List, even after task completion.
- Sequential Tasks can be enabled only after you select Task Progress.
- The Header Text is the Task List title that is visible to the user. The Task List segment name that you add while creating a Task List segment is only for your (content creator's) reference and your end users won't see this title.
- Click Save.
For example: Let's assume that we created a Task List to guide your first-time users to go on an onboarding journey of your product. Here's how the Task Progress is displayed to your users.