- 08 Aug 2023
- 2 Minutes To Read
How to use preview mode to review content?
- Updated On 08 Aug 2023
- 2 Minutes To Read
Enable Preview mode using Whatfix Studio
You can use the Whatfix preview mode to review and see how your content and widgets appear on your application or website even before the Content is in the Production stage. Previewing content helps you identify and fix errors that may have slipped through, before the content is available to customers.
Use the following steps to use preview mode on Whatfix Studio:
1. To launch Studio, on your toolbar, click the Whatfix Studio plugin.
2. On the top, next to the account information dropdown, click the preview mode icon.
3. Click Enter.
4. Refresh the browser to preview content.
- If you do not refresh the browser, the preview mode does not get enabled. The same holds good while disabling the preview mode.
- When you enable the Preview Mode on the Studio, by default, you can preview or test Whatfix content and widgets that are in the Ready stage.
- If the content you want to preview is in the Draft stage, then select the Include Draft content and widgets checkbox.
- When you enable the preview mode, the preview of the Self Help widget provides an edit icon that redirects you to the Whatfix dashboard. You can then select the Self Help segment you want to edit and make desired changes.
- When a copy of the content/widget that is in the Production stage is present in the Draft Stage, the preview mode displays the latest version of the content/widget that is in the Draft stage.
Priority of Preview Mode for Whatfix Content
If you have enabled the Studio preview mode when you already have the JS Embed, Whatfix ensures that the Studio preview mode precedes the content displayed by the JS Embed. This is to ensure that if there is a difference in content (for example, if the content is from an extension), then Whatfix ensures that a priority exists to display content. The Studio preview mode always displays the latest content from the Whatfix server. If you are using other deployment methods, it's possible that there could be a conflict with older content. Whatfix uses the following precedence to ensure that such conflicts do not happen.
For instance, if the content is deployed using the CDN method, then Studio preview mode takes precedence over the JS Embed.
|Deployment Method||Studio Preview Mode||JS Embed|
|Cloud||First preference||Second preference|
|Custom Extension (Dev)|
|Custom Extension (Prod)|
- The preview mode is not available in strict CSP environments.
- Use preview mode only to review content. To ensure that your end users see the content that you have created using Whatfix, select one of the integration methods. For more information, see Publish Whatfix content.