- 31 May 2023
- 2 Minutes To Read
Create a Task List segment
- Updated On 31 May 2023
- 2 Minutes To Read
The Task List enables you to create a list of to-do tasks for your users to help them kickstart their onboarding process. The Task List engages and reminds users to complete the tasks at hand by enabling them to self-track their individual progress against their assigned tasks.
Use the following steps to create a Task List:
On the Whatfix dashboard, click Widgets.
Click the Create widget button.
Click Task List.
Enter the Task List segment name.
You can display the name of the Task List to your end users by enabling the Use segment name for enduser toggle.
In the Add Content section, click Select.
Select the checkboxes next to the content that you want to include in the Task List.
Use the Select All option to select all the content from your library.
- Click Okay.
You can group the content that is displayed to appear under different logical headers. For more information, see Content Grouping in a Task list
- You can select content using tags by navigating to the Select By Tags tab.
Choose from the default Tags populated by Whatfix. These Tags have their own functions to help you show the right tasks to the right users.
For example, Flows tagged with the nolive tag display as a slideshow and do not display a see live option. This helps your end users skim through the Flows without having to visit your webpage/application. For more information on the functions of each of these tags, see Default tags in your Whatfix account.
- In the Set Rules section, set the visibility rules using the dropdown menu.
If you use Role Tag as a visibility rule in the Task List, it overrides any role-based tags attached to the content added to the Task List.
- For more information on the different conditions that can be used in Visibility Rules, see Visibility and Display Rule Conditions
- To insert a new condition in between two existing rules, click the add icon next to the condition below which you want to place the new condition.
- You can also rearrange the order of the rules with a drag and drop.
- Navigate to the Scheduler tab, and then set when the Task List should appear.
For more information, see Schedule the Task List segment.
Once you have configured the Task List segment, select the Task List segment using the checkbox, and then click Send to ready.
Navigate to the Ready stage, select the segment you want to move to the Production stage, and then click the Push to production button.
If there is a Flow/Static content that is common in both Task List and Self Help, accessing the Flow from the Self Help marks it complete in the Task List.
If a completed task is used in a new Task List and the user id is set or the cookies are not refreshed, then the task that was part of the old Task List is marked complete in the new one as well.