Content not appearing in Self Help when searching
- 1 Minute To Read
- Content may not have been added in the Self Help segment.
- Content may not have the relevant keywords that are being used in the search phrase.
- Tags that you may have attached to your content may be restricting the search scope thus preventing content from showing up when searching in Self Help.
- Content may not appear to certain users based on their roles.
- Static content may not have the necessary associated tags.
- Global search is disabled for Smart Context enabled accounts.
- Ensure that the content is added in the Self Help segment.
- Include relevant keywords in the content so that it shows up in the search results. See, Using keywords to help users find content.
- Check the Tags that are attached to the content that ought to appear in Self Help. There could be a conflict where you may need to remove or update a tag to ensure the content shows up again. See, Restricting Self Help Search results using Tags.
- Check whether user roles are used to segment content. If so, make sure the contents are added to the specific Self Help segment.
- Sometimes static content does not show up in Self Help if they are not associated to any Page tags. So, whenever you create a static content in the Whatfix Dashboard attach the global page tag to make it visible all through the application. See, Adding Tags to content.
- If you've enabled Smart Context then configure the settings to allow global search. See, Smart Context.
Was This Article Helpful?