- 17 Mar 2023
- 1 Minute To Read
Animate the Self Help Tab
- Updated On 17 Mar 2023
- 1 Minute To Read
To help you improve the usage of Self Help, Whatfix enables you to catch the attention of your users by animating the Self Help tab. You can also configure a tooltip to appear on cursor hover to show the user a tooltip that introduces them to Self Help. Different configurable animation styles are available using which you can make your users aware of Self Help and show them how they can access it anytime they are looking for more information.
Here's a GIF on animating Self Help
Use the following steps to enable the animation and tooltip:
On the Whatfix dashboard, click Themes.
Click the Self Help Tile.
Click the Attention tab.
Configure the Self Help tab using the following options:
- Type of animation and the number of times an animation is to be shown: There are three different ways in which animations can be shown, i.e., Ripple, Flash, and Pulse.
- Onboarding themes: Choose the background color, close icon color, text and button colors, and button text.
- The onboarding message: This is textual information that is displayed to the users.
The animation and onboarding messages are independent of each other. Depending on your needs, you can configure either one or both.
Carousel animation in Self Help
Additionally, you can also choose to add a carousel animation to the Self Help widget in the closed state. This draws end user attention to the closed Self Help widget and helps increase the opening rate of the widget.
When you add a carousel animation, the closed Self Help widget displays the following,
- A customizable icon of your choice (For more information, see Add an icon to Self Help)
- The number of integrated articles
- An icon of each of the repositories integrated with Whatfix
Here's a GIF of how the Self Help tab looks with a carousel animation
When you add a carousel animation, the opened Self Help displays a banner containing the mentioned information.
Enabling Carousel animation in Self Help
To enable this feature, contact email@example.com.