- 10 Jul 2023
- 2 Minutes To Read
- Updated On 10 Jul 2023
- 2 Minutes To Read
Automation helps you improve user productivity and minimize errors by automatically performing certain steps of a Flow for your end users. You can automate navigational clicks, menu item selection, auto-filling form fields, auto-typing brief descriptions, etc.
You can automate one or more steps in a Flow. Automation can be configured for both new and existing Flows.
Use the following steps to automate a step in a Flow:
Log in to the application where you want to create content, and then launch the Whatfix Studio.
Enter the name of the Flow as you want it displayed to the users.
Click + Add Step.
Click the desired element on the page that the user needs to select.
Enter the purpose and description of the step in the tooltip.
In the CONFIGURATIONS tab, scroll down to the Step Completion Rules section and then choose the Automated option.
Select from one of the following options.
- Auto Click - Use this option when the step completion rule involves a click. When this option is selected, the element is clicked and proceeds to the next step in the Flow.
- Auto Hover - Use this option when the step completion rule involves a mouse hover. When this option is selected, a mouse hover action is performed, and the Flow proceeds to the next step.
- Auto Input - Use this option to auto-populate an input field with a predetermined value.
If you want to use a dynamic input value, like a user name or a designation, you can use any variable that is defined in custom data, as seen in the following image. For more information, contact [email protected]
The Flow step doesn't get saved if the input field is left empty.
- Auto Select - Use this option to automatically select a defined value from a dropdown menu.
- The dropdown menu may not appear on the Studio for certain applications.
- If the dropdown menu doesn't appear on the Studio, ensure that the value to be selected is typed in the Auto Select text box exactly as it is seen in the menu. The text is case-sensitive.
- Click Save Step and repeat for any additional steps that you want to automate.
Auto-populate multiple sentences in the Auto Input field
You can auto-populate multiple sentences or templates for your end users to fill in. For example, if you want to collect brief information about a sales deal that recently closed in the description field. You can give your users a starting point by letting them know what you expect from them, as shown in the following GIF.
Flow Automation pop-up
When your users launch an automated Flow, a pop-up appears on the bottom of the application while the rest of the screen is made non-interactive, i.e., the user cannot interact with any element on the application. However, they can still see the Flow steps being executed.
This pop-up displays information such as the Flow name, the step number being auto-executed, and at which step the next user input is required.
Hovering the mouse over the pop-up displays the following options to your users.
Manual- This option stops the Flow Automation and switches the Flow to manual, where users take control and continue the Flow on their own.
Stop- This option ends the entire Flow.