- 05 Jul 2023
- 1 Minute To Read
Insert a video in a Flow step
- Updated On 05 Jul 2023
- 1 Minute To Read
Some Flows may need additional information in a step. You can provide that information by inserting a video in a Flow.
Use the following steps to insert a video in a Flow step:
Log in to the application where you want to create content, and then launch the Whatfix Studio.
Enter the name of the Flow as you want it displayed to the users.
Click + Add Step.
Click the desired element on the page that the user needs to select.
Review/Edit the auto generated action text on the step.
Click the Description section of the tooltip and select the Insert Video icon from the rich text editor.
Browse the Video from your Whatfix Dashboard.
- Any Video that you want to insert in a Flow step using the browsing option has to be first uploaded to your Dashboard.
- For more information on uploading Videos to your Dashboard, see Upload Videos to your Dashboard
You can also add videos to your content either by entering the URL or the Embedded code of the video.
Adding the URL of the Video
If you have uploaded videos to your Dashboard, and you want to insert them in your Whatfix content, you can copy and paste the video link in the URL field.
To find the link of the video you uploaded to your Dashboard, see Upload Videos to your Dashboard.
Adding the Embedded code of the video
If you have video links hosted on various platforms, and you want to embed them in your Whatfix content, you can copy and paste the embedded code of the video in the embedded code field.
- All popular video formats inlcuding .mp4, MPEG, MKV, WebM, etc links are supported.
- However, if you are inserting a video hosted on the Whatfix Dashboard then only .mp4 video files that are less than 100 MB in size are currently supported.
- Click the inserted video to see the following customization options.
- Replace: Enables you to replace the video in case you have added the wrong one.
- Remove: Enables you to remove the video.
- Click Save Flow.