- 10 Feb 2023
- 2 Minutes To Read
Create a Self Help Segment
- Updated On 10 Feb 2023
- 2 Minutes To Read
Creating a Self Help Segment enables you to show different content to different groups of users on the same page. For example, when an admin user opens Self Help on your application home page, the content that is displayed is specific to what an admin user does. This can be very different from what a basic user sees on the same page.
Use the following steps to create a Self Help segment,
On the Whatfix Dashboard, click Widgets.
In the Draft stage, click Create Widget.
Click Self Help.
On the creation page, enter the segment name.
In the Add Content section, click Add Content.
Select the content that you want to add in Self Help using the checkboxes or use the Select By Tags option to add content using Tags.
After adding the content, click Okay.
- Whatfix enables you to add any number of content to Self Help. However, by default, when the content is rendered to your end users, they will see only the first 20 items in the list.
- You can configure Self Help to display up to 200 items in the segment by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can create static content like images, videos, pdfs, etc, and create groups within Self Help using the Create button.
- Add your existing content repository to show repository content as links in Self Help, using the Integrate Repository link.
For more information, see Integrate your Content Repository with Whatfix.
- If you want to add all the content created on your account to the Self Help segment, enable the Add all existing and future content items toggle. Enabling this also adds any newly created content to Self Help automatically.
- In the Set Rules section, set the visibility rules using the dropdown menu.
- To insert a new condition in between two existing rules, click the plus icon next to the condition below which you want to place the new condition.
* You can also drag and drop certain rules to rearrange them in the desired order.
- If you use role tags as a visibility rule in the Self Help, it overrides any role-based tags attached to the content added in the Self Help.
Once you are done creating the Self Help segment, select the segment, and then click Send to Ready.
Navigate to the Ready stage and select the segment you want to move to the Production stage, and then click Send to Production.
To increase user engagement and ensure that your Self Help segment is used efficiently, follow the best practices displayed on your dashboard while creating a segment.
You can also find the list of best practices under the Best Practices section at the top right of the creation page.