- 16 Aug 2023
- 2 Minutes To Read
Create Role or Page based Tags
- Updated On 16 Aug 2023
- 2 Minutes To Read
You can use Tags to organize content on the Dashboard, add content in widgets like Self Help and Task List, group multiple Visibility Rules, and configure the widget's Visibility Rules.
Organizing content using Tags
Organizing content can be used in multiple scenarios:
- You can organize content based on categories, pages, projects, differentiate between live and draft content, etc.
- You can differentiate Flows created for October and January release or UAT and Production by creating and associating respective Tags to the content.
You can associate multiple Tags to content.
Use the following steps to tag content:
On the Whatfix dashboard, select the content using the checkbox for which you want to add tags.
Click the Tags icon.
- In the popup, type the name of the tag and select from the list.
If the tag does not exist, type in the name of the tag and hit the Enter key to create a new tag.
- Click Done.
After associating the Tag to the content, you can use the Filter option on the Dashboard to list content based on Tags. See, How can I find the content in Whatfix Dashboard?
You can add content to Self Help or Task List using Tags if you have associated the respective content with Tags.
Use the following steps to add content to Self Help or Task List using Tags:
In the content adding screen, click the Add Content button.
Click Select By Tags.
Click the Plus icon.
Select the tag from the dropdown.
The content associated with the selected tag gets populated.
- If you want to show content that has multiple tags associated to it then use the AND operator and select the tags.
- If you want to show content that has at least any one of the respective tags then use the OR operator and select the tags.
If you use the same set of Visibility Rules repeatedly in Widgets then you can use Tags to group them. This way you can refer the Visibility Rules instead of defining them from scratch.
Use the following steps to group Visibility Rules:
On the Whatfix Dashboard, hover your cursor over the left pane, and then click Tags.
On the top right, click Create Tag.
Enter a name and description for the tag.
Click the Category drop-down and then select Page Tag or Role Tag depending on the type of Visibility Rules you're trying to group.
Under Visibility Rules, enter the Visibility Rules you want to group.
Once done, you can directly use these Visibility Rules in Widgets using Tags as shown in the following image.