Removing sensitive information from Flow images
- 1 minute to read
Whenever you create a Flow, Whatfix takes a screenshot of the element the user selects. If there are any sensitive pieces of information like username, password, email address, etc., in the screenshot you can hide them using Black Out option.
The Black Out option hides sensitive information while keeping the tooltip and element clear.
To hide sensitive information,
- Click the Whatfix Editor plugin in the browser toolbar.
- Click Flow.
- Enter the name of the Flow as you want it displayed to a user.
- Click +Step.
- Click the desired element on the page that the user needs to select.
- In the editor, scroll down to the Advanced Options.
- Under the Black Out Sensitive Information section, click the Black Out button.
When editing a Flow to black out information, make sure you reselect the element in the Live edit view. The Black Out button does not work in the regular edit view.
- Select the information you want to hide on the page.
- Click Done in the Whatfix editor.
- Finish creating the Flow.