- 2 Minutes To Read
Whatfix Pop-ups are information widgets that can be used to inform your users about stuff that needs your user's immediate attention. You can attach a Flow, survey, video, image, and GIF to the Pop-up.
When you create a new Pop-up, you don't have to start from scratch. Instead, you can base your new Pop-up on a template. Whatfix enables you to choose from 13 templates.
In the following table, you can find some of the unique templates that you can use based on your needs.
|Template||When to use?|
|Carousel||To convey multiple text information, videos, or images in one pop-up in the form of sliders. Users can move left or right to view the content.|
your title goes here
You can't add or remove slides in a Carousel Pop-up after creating them.
|Surveys/Opinions||To include a survey or feedback form|
|Vivid||To include only the video. This gives your users a distraction-free experience to watch the video.|
To create Pop-ups,
- Navigate to the Whatfix Dashboard.
- Click Widgets.
- Click the Pop-ups tile.
- Click + New Pop-up button.
- Use the color theme using the Theme drop-down.
You can also use your custom color by entering the Hex Color Code in the text box.
- Next, select the template.
- Enter a name for the Pop-up segment by clicking the Untitled Pop-up text on top.
- Edit the Title, Description, and the Button Name.your title goes here
- To customize and align the texts double-click the text to open the Rich Text Editor. Here, you can change the text colors, formats, line height, insert images, etc.
- Double-click the button text to edit it.
- Hover the cursor over the button corner and then click to open the button configuration menu.
- Click the Select Action drop-down and select the button action.
You can also change the button color, hover color and corner radius using this configuration menu.
- Choose if you want to show the Close icon and Don't show me again checkbox using the option in the left-pane.
|Button||Behaviour||Example: A Pop-up is set to display twice|
|Skip||The user skips the Pop-up and the display count is not impacted||Users who click the Skip button continue to see the Pop-up until they click Close or "X" icon.|
|Close button or "X" icon||Clicking either of these buttons closes the Pop-up and the display is counted as one view||Users who click Close, exit the Pop-up and the Pop-up will now display once more on the next log in.|
|Don't show me again||The user clicks the check-box to make sure the Pop-up never appears again. The count reduces to zero.||Users who click the Don't show me again check-box never see the Pop-up again. It does not matter if the count has not been reached.|
You can preview how the Pop-up looks like on mobile and desktop devices using the toggle button on top-right of the pop-up.
- Once the Pop-up content is ready, click the Set Visibility Rules → button.
- Click the Save button to save and mark the Pop-up as an inactive draft. You can resume editing by clicking the Edit icon.
- Set the Where Visibility Rules for the Pop-up to appear. See Visibility and Display Rule Conditions.
- Set the When Visibility Rules for the Pop-up. See, Scheduling Pop-ups.
- Click Finish Later or Activatedepending on your preference.
- Finish Later - Saves the Pop-up as Draft and marks it as Inactive.
- Activate - Marks the Pop-up as Active and publishes it. Your end-users can see the Pop-up based on the Visibility Rules configured.