- 23 Nov 2023
- 1 Minute To Read
Beacon does not appear correctly
- Updated On 23 Nov 2023
- 1 Minute To Read
- Beacon does not appear on the page after you have pushed it to Production.
- Beacon is not appearing in the desired location on the page.
- Beacon is hopping, i.e., switching from one element to another.
- Beacon may not appear correctly if the wrong segment is present in the production stage.
- Beacon may not appear if you've pushed only the content and not the widget.
- Beacon may not show up at the desired location if the wrong element is selected.
- There may be multiple similar elements, making it difficult for the Beacon to accurately latch onto the intended element.
Ensure that the correct Beacon segment you want to display is in the production stage.
Ensure that you push the widget first from the Widgets section, as this guarantees that the segment and its associated content are simultaneously pushed to production. For more information on pushing a widget to production, see Push Whatfix content and widgets to Production.
Try reselecting the Beacon element again. For more information see, Reselect Elements to manage UI changes.
Check if you have multiple Beacon segments for a single page are active in the production stage.
Whatfix permits only one Beacon segment to be displayed at a time. If you want to show multiple Beacons, combine the Beacons in a single collection. See, Create Beacons.
To enable this feature, contact [email protected].
Use the appropriate Role tags to ensure that the Beacon appears correctly for the configured user roles. For more information, see Display content based on User Roles.
Use CSS selectors in the Display Rules for the Beacon to appear correctly on the selected element. For more information, see How to find a CSS selector of an element using Whatfix.
If the issue persists, contact [email protected].