- 01 Jun 2023
- 2 Minutes To Read
Pop-up not displaying
- Updated On 01 Jun 2023
- 2 Minutes To Read
Pop-up not displaying on the application.
A Pop-up may not display for the following reasons:
- The Visibility Rules aren't set correctly.
- Pop-up may have expired.
- Pop-up is not live on the application.
- Pop-up is restricted to certain user roles.
- The Pop-up may conflict with another Pop-up with the same Visibility Rules.
- If the Pop-up is triggered from a User Action, the Visibility Rules of the User Action aren't set correctly.
- Check if the Pop-up is pushed from the Ready stage to the Production stage. For more information, see Push Whatfix content and widgets to Production.
- The Pop-up could have expired or been set not to appear on specific dates. Check the Visibility Rules for When the Pop-up must appear, i.e., date and occurrence count.
Some of the Incorrect Visibility Rules that are commonly used are as follows:
Adding URL Equals instead of Contains: When you use equals as a condition instead of contains, the Pop-up is displayed only when the URL is exactly the same as entered. If the URL is slightly altered, the Pop-up is not displayed on the page.
Selecting the rule as URL Path and adding the domain name, which is the value for the URL Hostname rule: When a domain name is added instead of a URL Path, the rule is not evaluated and the Pop-up is not displayed. For example, in the following URL adding ap17.lightning.force.com as URL path instead of /lightning.
For more information, see Visibility and Display Rule conditions.
When you are adding more than one Visibility Rule, then ensure that the right operator is used.
a. Use the And operator when the Pop-up needs to be shown only if all the conditions are evaluated as true.
b. Use the Or operator when the Pop-up needs to be shown if any one of the conditions is evaluated as true.
- Check whether user roles are used to configure the Pop-up Visibility Rules. If so, ensure that the appropriate user roles are added.
- Ensure that you don't have two Pop-ups with the same Visibility Rules, Whatfix evaluates only one Pop-up on a page at a time.
If there are two pop-ups with the same Visibility Rules, then the Pop-up that was created first takes precedence.
- Check if the Don't show me again option is enabled. Enabling this option gives the end user the option to disable the Pop-up.
- Check if the Visibility Rules are configured properly for the User Actions. For more information, see User Action as a Visibility Rule.
- A widget with User Actions configured as Visibility Rules can be previewed and tested using the Preview mode on Studio.
- If you have configured multiple Pop-ups with different Visibility Rules to appear on the same page, the Pop-up configured with User Action Completed as the Visibility Rule is always shown first when the end user performs the User Action.
Always test pop-ups using the Whatfix Preview mode before they are visible to your user. For more information on how to Preview a Pop-up, see Preview pop-ups.
If the issue persists, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.