Creating Task List
- 1 Minute To Read
The Task List enables you to create a list of to-do tasks for your users to help them kickstart their onboarding process. The Task List engages and reminds users to complete the tasks at hand by enabling them to self-track their individual progress against their assigned tasks.
Task List when enabled can be accessed from the Task list icon present on your mobile application. The default position is on the bottom left, but it can be configured to display on the lower right as well.
When clicked, the Task list displays a list of tasks that need to be completed by the user.
Some examples where Task lists can be used are described below.
- New user onboarding - Helps the user to set up the initial setting to use the application, such as setting up the profile
- New Employee onboarding - Create a list of activities which need to be completed for the employee.
- New Feature Communication - Helps in ensuring new feature awareness to all users. The task list can contain links or flows about your new content. You can subsequently track awareness using task list analytics.
- Task lists can be segmented and shown based on profile, tabs, or other UI variables.
- When a task is completed, a green checkmark is placed next to the task
To configure a Task list,
- On the Whatfix Mobile Dashboard, in the left panel click Widgets.
- In the right pane, click Task list.
- Click New Segment.
- Click the Select button.
- Select the Flows that you want to include in the Task list and then click Okay.
- You can group the content that is displayed to appear under different logical headers. For more information, see Content Grouping in a Task list.
- Alternatively, if you have added a specific tag to the content that you want to include in the Task list, you can use the Select By Tags tab to add such content.
- Contact Whatfix Support at email@example.com to find the Window Variable and its value for the mobile app.
The window variable visibility rule determines where Whatfix content is displayed on your mobile application.
- Click Save.